Data Privacy in 2019: Look Back to Look Ahead
September 26, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Cynthia J. Cole, Special Counsel and Neil Coulson, Partner from Baker Botts join Wolters Kluwer Thought Leaders to explore the changing Privacy Landscape.
Key discussion topics include:
- GDPR in practice: How are US companies adapting to GDPR and where is the EU focusing its efforts.
- European horizon: Review of the most important country specific legislation to date; the status of the new e-privacy regulation and an update on the current position of the US/EU privacy shield.
- US patchwork: A compare and contrast of California’s CCPA to GDPR and some crystal ball gazing: how will the US put the state and federal data privacy pieces together?
Space is limited for this exclusive complimentary CLE approved webinar. CLE credits are only offered for live attendance and are complimentary.
Tax: Pass-Through Entities on Cheetah
October 10, 2018 | 2:00 PM EDT
There’s a lot to stay on top of with respect to the tax reform’s effect on pass-through entities. Come get all the time-saving, research streamlining tips on Cheetah you will need to have everything you need when you need it. In 20 minutes, we will answer questions such as:
- Can I redline the changes between tax reform and previous versions of affected IRC sections?
- How can I get expert analysis on what has changed with respect to pass-through entities?
- Where can see exactly which IRC sections were affected by the tax reform and get a clear analysis of each one?
- Can I get a snapshot of all the recent news for each code section I need to track?
Employment Law: Sexual Harassment & Discrimination on Cheetah
November 14, 2018 | 2:00 PM EDT
Come explore how Cheetah can save you time, help you stay on top of laws around sexual harassment and discrimination issues, and get top analysis of this current hot topic. We will answer questions such as (subject to change for breaking news):
- How can I do a 50 State and Fed chart comparing Anti-Harassment laws?
- How do I find the latest sex harassment cases and analysis?
- What’s the easiest way to get current and stay on top of sexual harassment and discrimination law news?
- How is transgender discrimination being handled by the courts?
Healthcare Privacy & Security: An Overview Webinar
September 13, 2018 | 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Whether a seasoned, or an up-and-coming, health information/informatics professional, this webinar will share and review key principles and concepts from both HIPAA’s Privacy Rule and HIPAA’s Security Rule. We will provide details on key factors that must be considered in every healthcare facility – from the solo practice physician’s office to a large hospital or skilled nursing facility. Knowledge is power and supports compliance with these important federal laws. Come join us!
Healthcare Coding & Reimbursement Webinar Series: Navigating Emergency Department and Critical Care Services
October 2, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
This webinar will show how achieving a better understanding of high level or direct oversight Emergency department evaluation and management (E/M) can increase the accuracy of your coding and documentation to reduce risk and distinguish between high E/M levels and critical care services based on CMS guidelines.
This webinar is part of our Coding and Reimbursement Webinar Series covering E/M Services in partnership with Gill Compliance Solutions, LLC. See also the webinar on November 8, 2018.
Pediatric Neurosurgical Coding
October 23, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Pediatric procedure coding can be challenging due to the special nature of pediatric conditions and anomalies. Join us to take the guesswork out of nervous system procedures such as ventriculoperitoneal other cranial shunts, collection of CSF in various ways, anomaly repairs for spina bifida and Chiari malformation, and procedures to control seizures and spasticity. You’ll learn about the anatomy, how to identify the correct root operation and assign the accurate codes.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Summarize the anatomy that is important for nervous system coding,
- Identify the root operation(s) associated with the corrective procedures for each condition discussed, and
- Assign the accurate code(s) for these procedures
Healthcare Coding & Reimbursement Webinar Series: Designer Healthcare – Updates for Telehealth Services
November 8, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Telehealth continues to be an innovative tool to manage quality of care and patient access in the ever-changing world of healthcare. As part of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018, Congress loosened several regulations allowing more flexibility and coverage for Medicare and Veteran beneficiaries. Individual states are also revising laws governing the use of telemedicine to promote access to residents. No surprise, the OIG has also added telehealth to their agenda to monitor billing practices. This webinar touches on relevant policy changes for 2018 and how billable services are impacted by documentation in this setting.
This webinar is part of our Coding and Reimbursement Webinar Series covering E/M Services in partnership with Gill Compliance Solutions, LLC. See also the webinar on October 2, 2018.